Best overall digital camera: Fujifilm X-T4

Check Price on Amazon

This camera doesn’t have the largest sensor or most megapixels (if that’s what you’re after, the Fujifilm GFX 100 may be more your style), but when it comes to the actual photographic experience, no other camera offers as much as the Fujifilm X-T4.

Its classic design with analog-inspired command dials is combined with modern features like 5-axis sensor shift stabilization and a fully articulated monitor. It covers the gamut from street photography to video production and everything in between, and does all of these things with a high degree of proficiency.

I’ve always loved shooting Fujifilm X-series cameras, but I couldn’t ignore their few quirks. The X-T4 is the first model to address virtually every complaint I have made, including solving a problem (lack of stabilization on older models) that was previously deemed impossible. Battery life has nearly doubled, the fully articulated display is great for video, and autofocus performance is invading Sony’s territory (meaning it’s really good). The newly designed shutter is quiet and can shoot at 15 frames per second, which honestly is more speed than any Fujifilm photographer was asking for.

The X-T4 carries much of the same technology as the Fujifilm X-T3, including the 26-megapixel X-Trans sensor, the X Processor 4 image processor, and the 3.69 million-dot electronic viewfinder. The video mode is pretty much the same, offering 4K at up to 60fps, but Full HD recording can now hit 240fps compared to the X-T3’s 120fps. That means the X-T3, which is now heavily discounted, may be the best choice for you if you don’t need stabilization, high-speed continuous shooting or extreme slow motion video.

But for me personally, after shooting the X-T4 and experiencing how all its functions work in concert, I don’t want to shoot less.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *